Bloating is just the gassiness and a feel that your belly look larger than usual. It is really a discomfort because it makes our waist area look awkward. Might be a concern of beauty and appearance. In this post, we are going to see what are the causes for bloating.
Other thing we need to worry about is the heavy feeling and something like potbelly feeling. I hate it. It gives a feeling like I have gained 5 or 6 pounds immediately. This bloating is an obsolete enemy of both men and women. Some people feel bloated only occasionally whereas some people feel it most of the times.
Whoever it is, knowing the reasons can try to overcome it.
FOODS CAUSING BLOATING
- More amount of raw vegetables like brussel sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower in diet increases bloating
- Lentils, Legumes and Beans release more gas. This increases the chance of bloating.
- More number of grains and fiber may cause swollen belly.
- Artificial Sweeteners increases bloating
- Carbonated Drinks causes bloating
- Chewing gums cause bloating
- Baked foods like breads, puffs and cakes
- Some food items labelled low calorie or low fat have chemicals in them that cause bloating
HABITS CAUSING BLOATING
- Drinking 3 to 4 liters a day is a good and healthy habit.
- Drinking very less water causes water retention and it makes you feel bloated.
- Lack of sleep results in improper digestion. That in turn leads to bloating of stomach. Usually, we skip sleep during examinations, work pressure, marriage, pregnancy and post-pregnancy. At that time, most of us feel bloated. Later, we recover.
- Eating fastly. I too just exclaimed like you when I heard this. Yeah, eating fastly can definitely cause bloated stomach.
- Abruptly increasing the fiber intake. You need to start increasing fiber intake little by little. It cannot happen overnight.
- Drinking through straw causes gassiness.
OTHER MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT CAUSE BLOATING
- Problems in stomach like dehydration, recovery after fever, infection and constipation
- It is common during menopause
- It is a premenstrual symptom
- Lactose intolerance and gluten allergy can cause bloating. This should be discussed with your physician and sorted out.