Today we are going to see a reference chart for PCOD Weight Loss. This is a PCOD Diet Chart for weight loss, suggested to me by my doctor. I will explain with the reasons she gave for suggesting like this.
Most of the women who have PCOD/PCOS are overweight.. When they try reducing weight, a normal weight loss diet will not work out effectively.. The cravings is different..
The insulin rise and drop is different for PCOS.. So the type of diet followed must be different.. It should be like having some sweet things in diet to satisfy craving.. At the same time, carbs should not be more.. Hence the diet should be tricky..
If you are a coffee lover or chicken lover, it will be really very difficult for you to follow this diet.. But there is no other go.. For those who have PCOD weight loss itself is a great challenger and better sacrifice a few of your favorites..
I have tried in all possible ways to include some tasty items for you.. In fact this is the diet I am following myself.. If you ask my opinion, yes, I am able to follow this diet with 20 minutes of cardio combined with Yoga for PCOD..
You can reduce 2 pounds a week, if you follow this diet.
Some General Tips
- Drink 3 to 4 liters of water. Although it is tough in this winter, we can never achieve a weight loss without drinking enough water.
- Cook using gingelly oil or olive oil
- Avoid dairy products other than curd
- Avoid chicken or use organic chicken, if needed. Use nattu kozhi muttai or organic brown eggs.
- Avoid beans and corns
- No Restaurant or Hotel Food
Now let us see the sample diet chart or PCOD Diet Plan. It will be with more proteins and less carbs.
Diet Plan for PCOD Weight Loss
- any herbal tea
- 10 soaked almonds
Breakfast Include any one from the following option
- 2 idlis with flax seeds idli powder
- 1 cup of Millet Porridge
- 1 cup of Oats with Skimmed Milk and Raw Sugar (sweet cravings)
- Smoothies with Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds
- 1 wheat bread toast with apples
- Guava or Gooseberries
Lunchany one from the following option. strictly no rice.
- Brown Rice Recipes with Chunky Vegetable Side Dish
- 2 Chapathis with Dhal and Vegetable Curry made with less oil
- Any healthy Soup + Salad with a piece of toasted bread
- Coffee or Tea with Half Sugar and 2 Fiber Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Sundal or fruit salad (for craving)
Dinner Include any one from the following option
- Fruit Chat
- Grilled Fish or Organic Chicken with Sauted Vegetables
- Quinoa Recipes
- Chapathis with Curd