This ragi semiya is a tasty dessert.. This payasam tasted even better than our regular payasam.. The thickness we get from the dissolved rice flour gave a good feeling.. Cardamom and Almonds gave a good flavor.. Yes, it was tasty than expected.. I would definitely suggest you this dessert.. It is also a diabetic friendly dessert.. Adding a little sugar is enough for millets.. Unlike maida or rice, millets need only a little sugar to make them taste more sweeter..
Ragi Semiya Paal Payasam | Low Fat and Low Calorie Dessert
Recipe Source: My Kitchen Trial
Preparation time: Cooking Time: Yield 2 cups (2 servings)
Serving size: 1 cup | Calories per serving: 100
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Rice Flour – 1 Tablespoon
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Almonds – 5 to 7
Ghee – 1/4 Teaspoon or less
2. Let the semiya get cooked..
3. In the other side, finelly chop almonds..
4. Dissolve rice flour in 1/4 cup of water..
5. Add sugar to the cooked semiya and give a good mix..
6. Add Milk and rice flour mixture to the cooked semiya..
7. Mix well so that no lumps are formed..
8. Add cardomom powder and chopped almonds..
9. Let everything boil once..
10. Finally add ghee.. It is optional only..
Take ragi semiya in a vessel.. Add some water and let it boil.. Let the semiya get cooked..
Add sugar to the cooked semiya and give a good mix..In the other side, finelly chop almonds.. Dissolve rice flour in 1/4 cup of water..
Add Milk and rice flour mixture to the cooked semiya.. Mix well so that no lumps are formed..
Add cardomom powder and chopped almonds..Let everything boil once.. Finally add ghee if you wish.. You are done..
Tasty Ragi Semiya Paal Payasam is ready to treat your taste buds..