In the previous sections we learnt how we have to set our mind, start drinking water, sleep properly and make ourselves ready to lose weight.. The next step is having a proper breakfast.. If you skip breakfast, you are never going to achieve anything great in your weight loss journey.. If you are not willing to have a proper breakfast, better leave your thoughts about weight loss.. I am damn sure that a regular breakfast can make you eat less and burn more calories.. Before seeing the advantages of having a regular breakfast, let us see the top ten excuses we have for not having breakfast..
Ten Excuses for not having a proper Breakfast
- I am a busy mom.. I’m managing two many things..
- I am a busy home maker and I have a lot of responsibilities on my shoulder
- I am late to office.. I need to drive and so I can’t eat right now..
- I am late to school or college.. I have exams, practicals or seminars.. So I skip..
- I am a working women, who needs to travel.. I cannot travel, if I eat and go..
- I am in sorrow.. How can I eat, when I worry ?
- I am travelling.. I cannot eat properly at right time..
- I am working in shifts.. I cannot have a proper breakfast..
- I am trying to lose weight and hence skipping food.. I will cut off a few calories right..
- I am bored of cooking.. So will have both breakfast and lunch afternoon..
Do these reasons look reasonable ? These are the words we use commonly and now look silly when written down.. There is nothing important than our health.. Not only for those who try losing weight.. I am saying this to everyone.. Never skip your breakfast.. If I tell the advantages of having breakfast and the ill effects of not having proper breakfast, it will help you to understand better..
Benefits of having Regular Breakfast
- Your Metabolism will be boosted up..
- Your digestive system will function properly..
- You brain will function properly..
- Assimilation will be more and you will get all the needed vitamins and minerals..
- You will get fresh energy to work for the rest of the day..
- It will increase your concentration and make you work fast..
- Your memory power will increase..
- Your sugar levels will be manged and risk of getting diabetes decreases..
- Risk of getting heart diseases decreases..
- It guarantees a long term health..
Ill effects of skipping a Breakfast
- Chance of getting Head Ache and Giddiness
- Chance of getting peptic ulcers
- There is a chance of getting hormonal disorders and obesity
- You body weight will become difficult to manage
- There is a probability for getting menstrual disorders
- It may increase your cravings
- Your sugar levels will fluctuate and increases risk of diabetes
- You memory power will decrease
- Your timing sense will become less
- Your metabolism will start decreasing
- There is a chance of lowering your immunity
How should be your breakfast constitution ?
- You should eat your breakfast within two hours of waking up
- 25 to 35 % of your daily calorie needs should come from your breakfast
- It should contain a simple carbohydrate, a simple lean protein, easily digestible vegetable or a fruit or fruit juice,
Some Samples for Breakfast
- If you ask me what is the best breakfast example, I will tell you it is Idlis and Sambar.. Simple Carbs, Simple Protein, Cooked Vegetables in Sambar will make a wonderful breakfast.. Nothing can beat it..
- Red rice puttu or any millet puttu with bananas and cooked moong dhal is also a nice breakfast to have.. You can also have kadalai curry/ chick peas masala curry if you like spicy version..
- If you wish to make it too simple, you can have any sweet porridge with fruits.. Savory porridge with spicy thogayal is also a nice breakfast..
- At the same time, if you wish you can have a peanut bread sandwich with juices.. Anyways sticking to your regional taste will help you..