What are the symptoms of low Hb or Haemoglobin ?
I am not quite technical to mention all the symptoms. So I will list out a few very common symptoms.
- hair loss
- weakness or laziness o dizziness or fatigue or causing us to sleep often
- shortness of breath
What may be the causes for low Hb ?
There are a number of causes for low Hb. It ranges from the food we take to our blood absorbing iron from our food. Women are more susceptible to low Hb level because of the heavy bleeding that happen in regular menstrual cycle or childbirth.
How to improve Hb through a healthy diet ?
Doctors advise a healthy diet along with some iron supplements for improving and increasing iron. They say that we should take traces of vitamin C along with iron for proper absorption and assimilation of iron. I will list out a few food items that increase Hb.
- Dry fruits and nuts like Dates
- Red Meat like Beef, Goat Liver, Sardines and Salmon fish
- Dark green and leafy vegetables like spinach, specially Moringa or Murungai Keerai
- Fruits like Apple and Gooseberries
- Vegetables like Beetroot
- Molasses like Palm Jaggery