Drumstick Leaves are healthier than any iron tonic or tablet.. It increases Haemoglobin count (Hb count).. Also the fiber in this relieves people from constipation problems..
So next time if your doctor advises to have Iron tonic or tablet, just buy a bundle of Drumstick and have it.. Take it 3 or 4 times in a week and see visible results..
This murungai keerai charu is often made by my mom. Specially when I was pregnant, she repeated this same thing again and again. Yep, I maintained a haemoglobin level of 13 points in each and every check up.
Making this is so easy and anyone can do it.
Drumstick Leaves Soup | Murungai Keerai Soup
|Prep Time :
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
- Drumstick Leaves – 1 bundle
- Shallots – 5
- Asafoetida – ¼ Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Teaspoon
- Salt & Oil – as per taste
- Heat some oil. Add mustard seeds and let them sputter.
- Add shallots and pinch of asafoetida. Cook till they turn transparent..
- Add drumstick leaves and saute for a few seconds.. Add water and salt.. Cover and cook..
- Drain the charu or water. Serve it hot.
|Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let it sputter.. Add shallots and pinch of asafoetida. Cook till they turn transparent..|
|Add Drumstick Leaves and saute for a few seconds..|
|Cover and cook..|
|Drain the charu or water and serve it.|
Now Iron-Rich Drumstick Leaves Soup or Murungaikeerai Charu is ready..