When I was young, my mom and athai used to make two common thogaiyals when we went sick. One is siruparuppu thogaiyal. Another one is porikadala thogaiyal. They used ammi to powder and make them. Feeling nostalgic and having a spoon of rasam rice with thogaiyal. What more ?
Pottukadalai Thogaiyal | Porikadalai Thuvayal
|Prep Time :
|Serving Size: 1 tablespoon||Calories per Serving: 50|
- 3/4 cup of Pottukadalai or Roasted Gram
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 1 small piece of tamarind or puli
- 3 to 4 red chillies
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves
- a handful of curry leaves (optional)
- rock salt – little
- Take pottu kadalai, coconut, red chillies, garlic and tamarind in a blender
- Add required salt. Powder it in the mixie.
- Add water and grind it once again.
- You will get a thogayal or thuvayal with very nice flavor.
|Take pottu kadalai, coconut, red chillies, garlic and tamarind in a blender|
|Add required salt.|
|Powder it in the mixie. Make sure it is powdered well.|
|Add water and grind it once again.|
|You will get a thogayal or thuvayal with very nice flavor.|
Simple pottukadala thogiyal or porikadalai thuvayal to have with curd rice or rasam rice. Perfect comfort food !!