Check my other posts on Pregnancy Diet Chart
Morning 6 to 7 am
- A glass of whole milk with 1/2 teaspoon sugar and health drinks like sathumaavu
- 10 soaked badam
- Sunlight, early morning sunlight is needed at this trimester.
Note: It is better to get up early in the morning, brush and have a cup of milk. It is must to drink something early in the morning.
Breakfast 8.30 to 9.30 – Any one breakfast from the list below
- a cup of ulundhu kanji, paal kanji or payaru kanji
- a cup of upma
- 2 Eggs Omelette
- 2 or 3 Idlis or Dosas
- Sathu maavu kanji
- any millet idiyappam or puttu
Note: You should be more careful about gestational diabetes. So make your breakfast without more rice like carbohydrates. As we need rice for lunch, make this mild alteration in breakfast. it will be really useful.
Mid Morning 10.30 to 11
- Tender Coconut OR
- Pomogranate Juice OR
- a bowl of fruit salad OR
Note: You need to stop citrus fruits after 26 weeks. Try to avoid grapes. It may cause cold in the baby inside. You should also try to reduce the intake of bananas. If you like banana, try naattu vazhappazham or peyan pazham.
Lunch 12.30 to 1.30 – Include one from the list below
- a cup of rice with sambar or dhal or puli kuzhambu or rasam, soraikkai or chow chow kootu (it help in managing BP), a cup of keerai or 2 eggs, 1/2 cup curd or 1 cup buttermilk
- a cup of rice with fish kuzhambu, grilled fish, rasam and keerai
- 2 or 3 chapathis with soraikkai or chow chow kootu, kurma and 1/2 cup curd
- rarely Biryani or Chicken, Mutton Kuzhambu
Afternoon Snack 3 to 4 – Include one from the list below
- 2 Fiber Biscuits
- half cup of any homemade snacks
- one simple kind of sandwich
Note: At this time, the cravings will be more. You will definitely need a crunchy snack. No restrictions. you can have any indian snack. But keep in mind that it should be homemade. Need to be more careful with the oil.
Evening Snacks 5 to 6 – Include one from the list below
- a bowl of soup (vegetables, mushroom or tomato)
- simple chaat items
- samba wheat dosa
- a cup of milk with health mix and 2 biscuits
Note: If you are working, try to have some healthy option from your office canteen. you could carry soups and heat them to use. If you don’t have any other option, please carry some good biscuits and have it along with milk. no coffee or tea please 🙂
Night 8 to 9 – Include one from the list below
- 2 or 3 wheat dosa and a non coconut chutney
- 2 chapathis with kurma
- a cup of wheat upma
- a cup of milk with health mix OR
- a cup of badam milk
I hope this South Indian Pregnancy Diet Chart, which is a sample is useful for you. This Indian Pregnancy Diet Chart is a balanced diet chart for pregnant lady.