It is better to use Nattu Kozhi or Country Chicken make this soup. If you do get Country Chicken, use Mooligai Chicken or Organic Chicken. Never use broiler chicken, often.
A hot steaming Spicy Chicken Soup will comfort you, when you have cold or cough. If you get a gulp of this soup with pepper, it will give a great relief to sore throat. Also Chicken and Mutton Soups are rich in Vitamin B12.
You can also give this soup to kids above 1 year. Use very little pepper in that case. I would generally smash some rice, add this soup and make this one like a rasam rice. This is one easy method to feed the kids.
Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe | Indian Style Chicken Soup Recipe
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
150 to 250
- 200gms Chicken with Bones
- 2 tsp gingelly oil
- small piece of cinnamon or pattai
- 1 dry red chilly
- small piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 to 7 shallots
- 1 small tomato
- curry leaves
- coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp curry masala powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- a pinch of cumin powder/ jeerakam
- a pinch of sombu powder/ fennel
- Wash and clean Chicken. Crush ginger, garlic and shallots.
- Heat gingelly oil in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, curry leaves, dry red chilly, crushed ginger, garlic and shallots. Saute till the onion starts becoming slightly brown.
- Squeeze some tomato and add all the powders. Saute once or twice.
- Add chicken pieces and saute till they become white.
- Now add 2 to 3 cups of water and salt. Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- After the steam subsides, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Add pepper and salt as per your taste.
Wash and clean Chicken.
Heat gingelly oil in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, curry leaves, dry red chilly, crushed ginger, garlic and shallots. Saute till the onion starts becoming slightly brown.
Squeeze some tomato and add all the powders. Saute once or twice.
Add chicken pieces
Saute till they become white.
Now add 2 to 3 cups of water and salt.
Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
After the steam subsides, you can open the lid.
Add chopped coriander leaves, pepper and salt as per your taste