As it is rich in fibers, you can take it as a diet style breakfast or dinner. It is diabetic friendly. It is also a weight loss breakfast. You check out other diet style dosa recipes from my website.
Health Benefits of Varagu or Kodo Millet Health Benefits – Reference
- Varagu is rich in many minerals and nutrients.
- It lowers bad cholesterol
- It controls blood Sugar
- It is rich in soluble fibers. So helps in weight loss.
Varagu Dosa Recipe | Varagu Arisi Dosai | Kodo Millet Dosa Recipe
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
200 to 250
- 1 cup varagu (Kodo Millet)
- 2 tblspn urid dhal
- 1 tblspn toor dhal
- 1 tblspn poha (aval)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- required salt
- gingelly oil for making dosas
- Soak the ingredients for 2 to 3 hours.
- Take it in a mixer jar. First grind it without water. Then add very little water and make it into a smooth batter. Transfer it to a vessel. Add salt and mix well with hands. Cover and ferment it overnight.
- Next day morning, heat a griddle. First swipe it with oil and water. Spread the batter and make it to thin crepe.
- Sprinkle some gingelly oil around it and in the middle. Wait till it turns to golden bowl. Gently touch the top with dosa karandi. Roll it and transfer to plate. Crispy Varagu Dosa is ready to serve.
Take it in a blender. First, grind it without adding water. Then, add very little water and grind it to a smooth batter.
Transfer it to a vessel and add salt. Mix well with hands. Cover it and ferment it overnight.
Next day morning.
Heat a griddle. Swipe with cloth dipped in water and oil. Spread batter and make a thin crepe.
Sprinkle oil around it and center. Gently, touch on the top with a dosa karandi. Wait till it turns golden brown.
Roll it and transfer to a serving plate. Crispy Varagu Dosa is ready.