In this post, we are going to see Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe. Fresh Mango Salsa is an awesome Mexican Side Dish. It can be served with Tortillas or Multigrain Chips, which would make it as a healthy, low calorie snack.
What is a Salsa ?
- It is a sauce or chutney kind of thing.
- It is a Greek, Latin, Turkish word for sauces.
- There are two types of salsa : fresh salsa (uncooked) and cooked salsa.
- It is low in calories and made with little or no fat.
I got used to this salsa through various Mexican food joints. Qdoba and Chipotle have a variety of fresh salsas. Mango and Pineapple Salsas are specials and made only during seasons. As Mango season is about to start here, I planned to pick few mangoes and make this salsa.
Multigrain Crackers or Multigrain Tortillas with Salsa is one of the low calorie snacks you can serve. It is one of the lovely evening snacks. You can also use some baked chips instead of tortilla chips.
There are some other salsas like pineapple salsa, corn salsa and tomato salsa that are easy to make. You can try them too. Some other Mexican Recipes from my Blog
- Finely chopped onion, red capsicum and coriander leaves..
- Half ripen mango.. Skin removed and mango flesh chopped out..
- Combine all the ingredients (mango, onion, capsicum, coriander, lemon juice, salt and sugar)
- Mix well and marinate for 3 to 4 hours.