- It is a sauce or chutney kind of thing.
- It is a Greek, Latin, Turkish word for sauces.
- There are two types of salsa : fresh salsa (uncooked) and cooked salsa.
- It is low in calories and made with little or no fat.
I got used to this salsa through various Mexican food joints. Qdoba and Chipotle have a variety of fresh salsas. Mango and Pineapple Salsas are specials and made only during seasons. As Mango season is about to start here, I planned to pick few mangoes and make this salsa.
Multigrain Crackers or Multigrain Tortillas with Salsa is one of the low calorie snacks you can serve. It is one of the lovely evening snacks. You can also use some baked chips instead of tortilla chips.
There are some other salsas like pineapple salsa, corn salsa and tomato salsa that are easy to make. You can try them too.
Mango Salsa Recipe | Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
50 to 80
- 1 Mango, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped red bell pepper (capsicum)
- little finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- little salt
- a pinch of sugar
- Remove the skin of mango and chop it finely.
- Combine all the above ingredient and mix well in a bowl. Keep it to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
Notes : Take a ripe mango. Not be too ripe. It should be stiff. At the same time, it should not be a raw mango or too sour. Remove the skin and chop them.
Half ripen mango..
Skin removed and mango flesh chopped out..
Combine all the ingredients (mango, onion, capsicum, coriander, lemon juice, salt and sugar)
Mix well and marinate for 3 to 4 hours.