In this post, let us see Strawberry Yogurt Recipe. Strawberry Yogurt us very easy to prepare at home. It is one of the best homemade flavored yogurt recipes. If you are searching how to make strawberry yogurt at home, you can definitely try this one. It is that much simple to prepare.
If it is Strawberry season and you are getting it cheaper, you can prepare this yogurt in batches. I do not like store-bought Strawberry Yogurt. I have more fear for preservatives. I mostly prepare everything at home instead of buying preserved items from stores. That is why I prefer homemade yogurts. More than that, yogurts are best to have desserts in Summer. As summer has begun, I have started making fruit flavored yogurts at home. This Strawberry Yogurt Recipe is one among them.
My kiddo likes flavored yogurts very very much. Especially, she likes attractive pink color and nice flavor. This yogurt became her favorite, because of that. I have reduced the amount of sugar used. This Strawberry Yogurt can be stored for 2 Days. It has a shelf life of 2 Days. This Strawberry Yogurt can also be served as a Low Calorie Dessert.
Initially, I thought the recipe is like a simple grind. But most of the times the outcome will curdle. So I searched for other recipe in internet. I referred this recipe from EveryDayFamily
Some of the health benefits of Yogurt – Reference
- Yogurt is rich in Calcium
- It has more Proteins
- If less Sugar is used, it promotes weight management
Also refer some other Low Calorie and Diabetic Friendly Desserts from my website
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Avocado Ice Cream Recipe
- Diabetic Friendly Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
- Low Fat Apple Sandwich Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Yogurt Recipe
A simple and easy to make homemade strawberry yogurt recipe. You can make it in batches and store upto 2 days. It is pinkish and visually appealing.
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 and half cups thick curd (or 2 cups hung curd)
First, prepare hung curd. Drain regular curd using a muslin cloth or clean kitchen towel. Hang it for 30 to 40 minutes. Apply pressure then and there to expel excess water. 2 and half cups of thick curd will yield 2 cups of hung curd. After 40 minutes, collect the thick hung curd in a bowl. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. It should become cold for good results.
Wash, clean and finely chop strawberries. Take them in a saucepan and add sugar. Heat it and stir often.
Strawberries will become soft. Mash them with a ladle. It will froth up and starts getting thick. Once, it gets a glaze (shine), switch off the flame and cool it down.
Combine strawberry paste and hung curd in a bowl and beat it well. Refrigerate for another 20 minutes and serve it chill.
Stepwise Pictures to Prepare Strawberry Yogurt at Home
- Take 2 and half cups of thick curd. Take a thin muslin cloth or clean kitchen towel. Pour curd into it and bundle it. Let this bundle hang for 40 minutes.
- Apply pressure then and there to make it release extra water.
- Collect the hung curd in a mixing bowl. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Wash and clean Strawberries.
- Chop them.
- Take Strawberries and Sugar in a saucepan.
- Heat it. It will froth up. Stir often. Finally, it will start giving a glaze.
- You can switch off now and cool it down. Make it as cool as possible.
- Combine the cold strawberry paste and cold hung curd. Gently mix it together.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes and serve it in a bowl, whenever needed.
Simple and Homemade Yogurt which is healthy to serve for kids..